What would the world be like if it was filled with love? What if everyone’s actions and reactions were rooted in Love. God is Love. God’s Presence is Love. When I open myself up more to Love, I open myself up more to God.
Here’s a list of what this looks like to me:
- Thinking of others
- Yielding to others
- Interest in others
And a list from I Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Living Bible)
- Love is very patient.
- Love is kind.
- Love is never jealous or envious.
- Love is never boastful or proud.
- Love is never haughty or selfish or rude.
- Love does not demand its own way.
- It is not irritable or touchy.
- It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.
- It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.
- If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost.
- You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him.
On a higher level how do we treat the unlovely and the unpleasant? Do we show them love? What about criminals and terrorists and elected officials that we don’t agree or approve of. I have a long way to go, but let me start today thinking about what Love would do today with the people I meet and the people I know.
This is going to require listening to Love. Listening to what God is saying about the people in front of me . If I am listening, He will tell me what to do and what to say. He will show me how to love.
What does Love look like to you? Please share in the comments.