This is Day 11 of my 31 Days of Writing Challenge called “Dare to Pray.” If you are stopping by for the first time, you may want to start at the beginning on Day One by clicking here first. You’ve come along just in time to get in on the BIG GIVEAWAY! See instructions at the end of this post to enter to win one of the free books mentioned in the 31 Days of Dare to Pray or an Amazon gift card.
Here’s how to play the Game With Minutes:
Game Equipment: Bible, pictures of Jesus, anything that reminds you of Him, notebook
To Start the Game: Choose a favorable hour, one in which you will not be intensely involved in mental activity toward other endeavors. As you begin, you invite Jesus into what you are doing and ask Him to help you remain aware of His Presence with you.
Object of the Game:See how many minutes you can bring Jesus into your thinking during any hour during the day. High score-60 Low Score-0
Choose any of these actions and use in any order:
- Start by thinking the name of Jesus, saying His name over in your mind many times
- Picture Him in your imagination
- Read from the Bible
- Say a favorite scripture
- Memorize a new scripture
- Imagine yourself in the midst of a story form the Bible
- Send flash prayers to strangers or those nearby
- Send thoughts of Jesus to people as you talk to them (example: “Jesus loves you.”)
- When you are reading, imagine you are reading with Jesus. Ask what he thinks about what you are reading.
- Ask Him questions
- Listen for His answers
- Give Him thanks for things you see
- Give Him thanks for things you have
- Give Him thanks for people you know
- Give Him thanks for what He has done
- Tell Him how you feel about Him
Variations: When you find new ways to bring Jesus into your thoughts, please share in comments below.
Winning: “The results of this game begin to show clearly in a month. They grow rich after six months, and glorious in ten years.” (The Game With Minutes, Laubach, p. 6)
When you see a symbol of America,
Dare to Pray “Thy will be done in the United States of America, as it is in heaven.”
Continue to Day 12 after reading about the Big Giveaway.
Have you seen any unusual “reminders to pray.” I’m going to do a giveaway on Day 15. Submit your pictures showing a symbol of America like the golf cart below. Upload your original photo to my Facebook page, “Dare to Be Happy” and leave a comment on the blog post here. Let me know you want to win the book and wny. You can post your photos anytime between now and midnight on October 15. Photos can be flags, t-shirts, pocketbooks. They do not have to be unusual like the golf cart. I am becoming more aware of the patriotic symbols that I encounter on a daily basis; all are reminders to pray.
I will send three winners a copy of a Frank Laubach book or an Amazon gift card. 2 Winners will be chosen at random and 1 by most unusual photo. Keep praying!