Every morning, God gives us our day one moment at a time. Twenty-four hours stretch out before us as we open our eyes. If you have seen the movie, “Groundhog Day,” you may think life is a mundane succession of days creating a boring saga that goes on and on, never changing. However, God gives us everything we need to fill each day with new accomplishment, growth, and adventure.
Sometimes this day does not seem any different from the one before it, yet each day has potential for greatness. With God’s help, we can do a few simple things to get ourselves in position to create sunshine moments. It is within our power to make each day great.We do this by looking to Him for His solutions to our problems, His answers to our questions, and His guidance for our actions and decisions.
Here is a checklist for filling our days with moments of sunshine:
- Carefully think about what you want today (love, joy, peace, health, prosperity) and not what you don’t want (frustration, lack, illness, fear, and worry.)
- Continually let positive thoughts roll around in your mind all through the day. Ask God for His thoughts to fill your mind.
- Be prepared for negative thoughts to come. Recognize where they come from and weigh them accordingly.
- Place your projects, plans and problems in God’s hands. Let Him take over. He’s much better at handling them than you are.
- Spend some time thinking about how much God loves you.
- Take time to be thankful for the things in your life that God has already provided.
- Let people know that they are valuable by acknowledging them as a person by asking them questions and listening to them.
- Ask God for what you need instead of just assuming He knows. Remember that the Scripture says, “Ask, and you shall receive.”
- Expect the favor of God in your life today and look for it.
- Remember that you are someone very special to the Lord.
Today’s Action: Read through the checklist and choose one to specifically work on today. Then try another one tomorrow, and again the next day until all ten of these become a habit.
Enjoy your day full of sunshine moments!