Wouldn’t it be interesting if we had a thermometer to put under our tongues to measure our level of happiness? If we discovered we had a low “happiness temperature,” we could treat these symptoms and regain our “normal” levels. Here’s what Doctor Sharon suggests for maintaining high levels of happiness.
My list of Happiness Tips:
- Love the Lord with all of your heart.
- Think of others more often than you think of yourself.
- Laugh as much as possible.
- Think about positive things. Let a subtle positive thought slip in among any negative that is coming at you.
- Let pleasant pictures float through your mind. Picture yourself with Jesus, talking or doing things you would like to do with Him.
- Spend time with your family. Enjoy them.
- Be grateful. Think about all of the things you have to be thankful for.
- Notice things. Look around you as you travel about today. What have you missed? Try to see something you have been overlooking.
- Pray for people who need it.
- Flush negativity out of your life.
- Read positive books or blogs.
- Memorize and meditate scripture.
- Embrace the concepts that you want magnified in your life like love, joy, peace, prosperity, safety, health, soundness of mind, positive relationships.
- Think outside the box. Let God’s inspiration and creativity come to you. Don’t follow your reasoner. Get it quiet so you can hear from God.
Today’s Action: Pick a random number from 1 to 15. Find the corresponding tip from the list above. That’s the one you work on today. I picked number 14 because it’s the 14th day of the month, so I am going to focus on relaxing today! That may be a challenge since I’m working 12 hours, but I’m always up for a challenge, as you well know! How can I fit relaxing into this 12 hour day? Suggestions appreciated, and let me know what you’re going to try today! With God’s help our “happiness temperatures” will be soaring!
Have a great day!