All writers know that when you start to write your manuscript, your words can take you down paths you had not intended to go. If you are writing fiction, I have heard that the characters take the story away from you and weave a different story than the one you had planned. This has certainly been the case with “31 Days to Publish My Book!” Instead of focusing so much on how to do it, I have found myself passionately imploring you to go for your dream. I have loved praying for you and will continue to do so. But today, I can add a couple of more steps to my list of Practical Steps for those who desire to move forward in publishing a book, as many of you should! It is after all your story, and it needs to be told!
1. Write your book.
2. Prepare your content.
3. Begin revisions.
4. Ask questions.
- What is CreateSpace, and should I use it?
- How much money does it cost to self-publish?
- What is the best font to use for publication?
5. Get a CreateSpace account.
6. Order and read eBooks.
7. Download Grammarly and use it to correct your manuscript.
8. Plan the “extras” for your book: size, title page, author page,copyright page, back of book.
9. Continue revisions.
My mentor told me to customize the page setting in my document to the size of the book, my heart filled with excitement when I saw it on the screen!
It looked like a book!
That was a moment I will never forget!
Keep writing, my friends, and keep dreaming!